88% of business card are thrown out even though over 20 million business card design are printed every day,! Yet business cards are an effective marketing medium, it only takes 2,000 business cards to increase a company’s sales by nearly 3%. It makes a good first impression but no one wants to hold on to something that looks and feels cheap.
In your business card design, you have the power to create an exceptionally unique business card that recipients will hold onto. It is easy to get stuck in a creative rut since most cards look so much alike, . You’ll need to break out of the box and design your card to be a reminder of your services and be the gateway to contacting you. Emulate the cards that you like by looing at the business cards you have been given and . You have more leeway if you are in a creative business, such as party planning or retailing, in general, keep the following tips in mind: Use your logo as the basis, Keep it simple, Include the essentials, make sure the typeface is easily readable, and stick to one or two colors.
- Company Name and Logo
- Company slogan or service 5 words max (make them remember what you do)
- Name and title
- Phone Number
- Fax Number (optional industry based)
- Email Address and website URL
- Address (optional for in store or location based business)
- Quality Paper sturdy 14-24 point
- Layout vertical, horizontal, bi-folded
- back side printing with memorable logo or service/product list
If you ignore everything else, proofread your design. One typo can render a business card entirely useless. Always review your typography, formatting, spelling, and artwork.